Application Deadline: November 11th, 2018 by 11:55 pm
Supporting Materials (Teacher Recommendation, Counselor Letter) Due: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, by 11:55 PM
Students are required to submit an online application by the November deadline.
Students chosen to participate in VESSS will receive an email notification by November 16, 2018.
Once you have submitted the online application, you will receive an email confirming the submission.
In lieu of a High School Transcript, this program requests that the student’s Guidance Counselor submit a letter on their behalf stating the following:
● The student attends a Virginia High School
● The student is in the 11th or 12th grade
● The student has at least a 2.7 GPA
This letter is requested through the online application system, and the Guidance Counselor submits this letter automatically through the same online application system. Please note: the automated request for this letter is not sent until the student “submits” their application.
One letter of recommendation is due along with the application and should be provided by a school teacher or administrator. If home schooled, the letter can be from someone who can attest to the applicant’s academic qualifications.
Once the student has submitted their application, the system will email the specified individual instructions on how to submit an online letter of recommendation on the applicants’ behalf. Please inform them that they will be receiving an email from email@example.com with these instructions. All letters of recommendation must be submitted via the online application system. Letters of recommendation submitted in any other manner will not be accepted.
Important Note: It is the responsibility of the student to follow up with the person who is providing a letter of recommendation to ensure the recommendation is submitted electronically by the deadline. The student will receive an email notification when this letter is submitted.
To receive credit for this course, you must first apply to Thomas Nelson Community College. Even if you have taken a college course or completed a dual enrollment course through another community college, you must apply to TNCC.
● You will need to submit one of the following scores: PSAT, SAT, ACT, or VPT. Your high school Math SOL Score may be used for the mathematics requiremnt. Please reference the chart below. If you are dual enrolled through another community college, scores do not have to be submitted.
● The VPT test can be taken at your local community college (This is free).
● You will need to place into English 111 or Math (MTE).
● Eng 111 placement will qualify your score for English/Writing, Reading and Reading/Writing.
● MTE 1 qualifies as your mathematics score.
Once you have applied to TNCC and submitted your registration form (This is provided on the VESSS Online Course Website), you must maintain a “C” or higher in the course, to earn transferable credit.
For information on Virginia Math Placement Testing, click here.
For more information on TNCC’s Dual Enrollment, click here.
For more information on Dual Enrollment test score requirements, click here.
For more information on the Virginia Placement Test, click here.
For the Thomas Nelson Community College handbook, click here.