Students from across the Commonwealth of Virginia are selected to participate through a competitive application process. In order to qualify for participation, students must:
● Be a *Virginia resident (Note: Maryland residents may apply if a parent is a NASA Wallops Flight Facility civil servant or contractor employee.)
● Be a Sophomore in high school (This means that you will be
in your second year of high school in the 2018-2019 academic year).
● Have a minimum GPA of 2.7
● Have access to the Internet (home, school, public library)
● Have an email address
● Have an interest in science, technology, engineering or math
● Be a U.S. citizen to attend the Summer Academy at NASA Wallops Flight Facility
● Students who complete the online course will undergo a competitive selection process for an invitation to the Summer Academy
*Permanent residents may apply for the course; however, NASA security restrictions typically preclude non-citizen participation in the summer academies.
August 2018: Online course opens
November 11, 2018: Application deadline
December 1, 2018: Module 1 opens
A printable flyer for the Virginia Space Coast program can be found here.
The direct link to the course site can be found here.
Links to videos and photographs from the 2018 Summer Academies:
Follow us on Facebook!