Students from across the Commonwealth of Virginia are selected to participate through a competitive application process. In order to qualify for participation, students must:
● Be a *Virginia resident (Note: Maryland residents may apply if a parent is a NASA Wallops Flight Facility civil servant or contractor employee.)
● Be a Sophomore in high school (This means that you will be
in your second year of high school in the 2019-2020 academic year).
● Have a minimum GPA of 2.7
● Have access to the Internet (home, school, public library)
● Have an email address
● Have an interest in science, technology, engineering or math
● Be a U.S. citizen to attend the Summer Academy at NASA Wallops Flight Facility
● Students who complete the online course will undergo a competitive selection process for an invitation to the Summer Academy
*Permanent residents may apply for the course; however, NASA security restrictions typically preclude non-citizen participation in the summer academies.
August 2019: Online course opens
November 10, 2019: Application deadline
December 1, 2019: Module 1 opens
A printable flyer for the Virginia Space Coast program can be found here.
The direct link to the course site can be found here.
Follow us on Facebook!